Sammy's Reviews > Wish You Well

Wish You Well by David Baldacci

Jun 24, 07

bookshelves: b-the-good
Read in June, 2007

Not going to lie, I didn't really have high expectations for this book. Perhaps if I didn't it wouldn't have been as good as I thought it was. You know how that happens? You set yourself up for something really great and then end up being disappointed when it's not as good as you thought it was going to be? Well, whatever, with Wish You Well I was not disappointed.

The only problem with the book was that it was a little clichéd at times, not a big deal, but a little annoying. Most common cliché was that whenever she was angry or upset Lou would shout/say/cry her final impacting statement and then take off running. That also leads me into how the kids themselves were walking clichés it seemed. I don't know if Baldacci had been around a lot of young people because his interpretations just seemed to be diluted copies of how other people have written kids.

I believe the main audience for this book would be women and/or young adults, but I wouldn't let that deter you men from reading this. The whole book contains messages that transcend all age and gender boundaries.

Large font, small pages, and short chapters could classify this book as a quick, yet moving, beach read. One thing Baldacci hoped to accomplish was to make readers interested in seeking out their own unique stories hidden in their family history. That's one of the most important messages in the novel, cherishing what's truly important and lasting not the fleeting, shallow joys of today.

Overall? Good, easy, enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Well.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ching Borres I bought this book because of the author without thinking what would be the story of due to nice cover. I admit it i cried in the middle of the story and at the end.

Does this makes the book nice one?