Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > White Crow

White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick

Jan 27, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: review-books, signed, uk-author, ukya
Read from July 08 to 13, 2011

I found white crow to be a brilliantly creepy and fast paced read which I really enjoyed.

The thing I loved the most about this book was the characterisation. I thought the contrast between the two main girls was brilliant and I loved seeing how their strange little friendship developed and twisted and turned as the story progressed. I also though it was very clever how the author switched between the two girls and their opposing points of views on thes story.

I also loved how the author alternated the present day story with short chapters from the past. I thought this really added to the story and gave it that bit more background wise to make for a fuller story.

I don't think I can even put into words in a way that will do justice to the story about how cleverly put together it is and how fantastically creepy it is. Definitely one to read with the light on especially as you get closer and closer to the end. I actually don't think I was fully prepared for how down right creepy it would actually be.

All in all an excellent book the quality of which was just as you expect from such a proficient author as Marcus Sedgewick.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Crow.

message 1: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Wow, this sounds fantastic! I am excited to read it!