Leslie's Reviews > Blameless

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Jul 25, 11

Read from July 15 to 17, 2011

** spoiler alert ** What Happens: The third book in Gail Carriger's series focuses on Alexia leaving England for Italy after the entire country seems to find out about her "indiscretions." It's not exactly a vacation, since Alexia is hoping she can find someone to help prove that a werewolf and a preternatural can reproduce. Alexia isn't alone, Madame Lefoux and Floote accompany her on her trip.
Before she leaves, her family disowns her, Lord Alkameda and his hive disappear and someone has put out a "hit" on Alexia, meaning all vampires are trying to kill her.
In England, Lord Maccon is keeping himself permanently drunk, still under the impression that his wife is having another mans baby.

What I Thought: The book was written well as usual, Gail Carriger seems to have a knack for witty, clever writing. I was dying for the reunion between Maccon and Alexia, and for him to see the error of his ways – and I wasn't happy that I had to wait until the end of the book... but that was just my impatience nothing to do with Gail's writing. I like the fact that Alexia is such a strong character, she's always practical, even during capture. She never overreacts or panics, she thinks logically in the craziest of situations. I think this was another winner in the series. I can't wait to see what baby Maccon is like!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

07/17/2011 page 181