Lura (The Life of Serendipity)'s Reviews > Demons Are a Ghoul's Best Friend

Demons Are a Ghoul's Best Friend by Victoria Laurie

Jul 01, 11

Recommended for: Anyone that loves a good ghost mystery!
Read from June 27 to 29, 2011

Every school has its bullies, but Northelm Boarding School near Lake Placid, New York, houses a real whopper: a lean, mean, and deadly demonic ghost named Hatchet Jack. M.J.'s good friend Karen has asked her- along with partners Gilley and handsome Dr. Steven Sable- to send Hatchet Jack back to the portal he came from.

With renovations at the school starting in a week, there isn't much time for ghost hunting. Plus M.J. has to deal with an uncooperative dean, Gilley being paranormally preyed upon, and the tempting, Dr. Delicious distracting her. But Hatchet Jack is M.J.'s biggest threat, and with a demonic disturbance of this magnitude she must show no mercy and see to it that Hatchet Jack gets detention for eternity- in hell.

M.J. and her crew are back and ready to do what needs to be done, but not without there beginning a few bumps here and there. M.J. is hired by her friend Karen to go to the Northelm Boarding School to bust the schools dangerous threat of a hatchet wielding ghost. Will this be an easy bust, or M.J.'s hardest yet...? I picked this book expecting a lot and boy did it deliver! I couldn't put it down I was so absorbed in the story and what was taking place in its pages. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the Ghost Hunter Mystery seres, Ghouls Just Haunt To Have Fun!

Plot - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I loved the plot and I couldn't had it turn out any other way. Now your probably wondering 'Why did she like the plot?' and 'What made her like it so much?' Well I can only tell you that it kept me on the edge of my seat. I didn't know where it was going, but I was dying to find out the mystery behind it all!

Writing - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ The writing didn't really change from the first book, and I'm glad it didn't! It wouldn't have been a Ghost Hunter Mystery book if anything, and I mean anything, was changed.

Characters - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I was happy to see M.J. and her crew back, and ready to crack another mystery. You get to know the characters more and more and see what transpires between them!

Mary-Jane 'M.J.' Holliday - M.J.'s back and ready to kicked some demonic ghost butt! She hates change and would love to see everything stay the same, but as time goes on things change and she has no choice but to flow with it. M.J. also sometimes forgets that she might have an iron heart, but others might not and they can't do all the darning things she does.

Gilley 'Gil' Gillespie - Gilley is back and ready to lend a helping hand to M.J. when she needs it, only if that involves him staying in the van and not in the danger of getting bullied by some ghosts! Though he seems a scary cat at times he's a good friend and M.J. wouldn't change that for the world.

Dr. Steven Sable - Steven is the newest member in the Ghost Busting team and M.J.'s love interest, even though she denies it to him and herself, it's still there sitting in the dark waiting to come out in full bloom. Steven knows nothing about the Ghost world, but he comes baring money and lots of it!

Karen 'Teeko' O'Neal - Karen has hired M.J. to go to Northelm Boarding School to solve there little ghost problem. That ghost problem having a name of Hatchet Jack!

Hatchet Jack - Is a mean son of a bitch who loves to chase people around with a hatchet. No one knows who he is, or how he's come to haunt Northelm, but M.J. means to put a stop to it once and for all!

Overall I give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - no more and no less!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons Are a Ghoul's Best Friend.