UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...'s Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

(Spoilers are hidden)

“The quick and the dead are all the same.
Everyone’s just looking for home.” - LASSITER

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Leteth it be known that on this day, March 31st, 2012, I solemnly vow that I shall never doubt the WARDen again!

So, now that that's out of the way, my thoughts on the book...

I wasn’t sure she could do it. Pffffft! Silly me.

I didn't think she could pull it off. *sigh* Whatever was I thinking?

And had I had actually considered skipping this book and not reading it at all? Yes, yes I had. *hangs head in shame*

In fact, I've spent the past year angsting and fretting and worried and crying and angry… and over what? That Wellsie would be replaced? That the whole ‘Wellsie can’t move on until you do…’ storyline would feel too contrived? That I'd have to sit through more Qhuay drama than any human being should be forced to endure? Yes, in fact, I worried about all of those things and much, much more, but like I told my Goodreads friends in the JR WARD BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD GROUP, never, ever, will I doubt the WARDen again!

Okay, let's get down to business...spoiler thoughts:

Tohr and Autumn and their story: (view spoiler)

John Matthew and Xhex: (view spoiler)

The Band of Bastards: (view spoiler)

Assail: (view spoiler)

Qhuinn and Blay: (view spoiler)

Layla: (view spoiler)

The epilogue: (view spoiler)

What made this book all kinds of brilliant...

The entire message of this book is summed up by Qhuinn, in one of the best, most poignant scenes of any Black Dagger Brotherhood book ever, and had me throwing fist punches and shouting, “YES!!!” - (view spoiler)

And the future doesn't get better than that!

One final thought...

Just sayin'....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

03/27/2012
1.0% "I've been so apprehensive about this book... hoping for the best, preparing for the worse, but for good or for bad, either way, I KNOW this is going to be an emotional story." 15 comments
03/28/2012
15.0% "Deep breath. Deep breath." 6 comments
03/28/2012
18.0% "Oh, Tohr. :("
03/29/2012
42.0% "So far this is MUCH better than I had expected or even hoped for!!" 17 comments
09/06/2013 marked as: own-have-read
show 1 hidden update…

Taryn at My Secret Romance What do you mean as ebook-own-need-to-read??? YOU HAVE IT?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... No, I preordered it. It's on my preordered shelf too... look at my tags, Taryn! LOL!! But I don't have an 'exclusive' "pre-order' shelf, sorry!

Lenore I just checked Amazon. $19.33 for the Kindle edition? Are they at all serious?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... No... I preordered it for $14.99

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I just checked, it was $14.99 in the US, which, I have to say, is STILL to damn much for an ebook!

message 6: by Lenore (last edited Jan 31, 2012 09:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore Grrrrr!!!! Here, take a look.

message 7: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Jan 31, 2012 09:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Wow!!!! On my page it doesn't have the Kindle Edition March 27th, only the preorder....OH, I know!!!

I bet that's telling you what you'll pay on release date, so if you PREORDER you'll get it cheaper.

And I agree..... that's way the hell too much for an ebook. $14.99 is too much!!!

Lenore Oh, that's rich! Pricing the Kindle version higher than the hardcover to make you preorder the book.
I'll wait for the damn paperback!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... LOL!!! I think a lot of people feel that way, Lenore!! But I'm a die-hard fan. If I even think about waiting I start to twitch!

Lenore Well. Considering what I'll have to endure (yes, I'm a Qhuay fan and yes, I'm referring to that Blax sex scene) I don't mind waiting. It's delaying the inevitable, I know, but at least I won't have paid a fortune for it.
Plus, I will be able to throw the paperback across the room and against the walls as much as I like. Imagine doing that with the Kindle? :)

Taryn at My Secret Romance UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "No, I preordered it. It's on my preordered shelf too... look at my tags, Taryn! LOL!! But I don't have an 'exclusive' "pre-order' shelf, sorry!"

Haha that because you changed them! Or.....maybe I only saw what I wanted to see. :)

♡Karlyn P♡ I'll pay it too, call me a sucker. I might go audio at Audible then it will only cost me $9.50-ish, the price of one credit. I wasn't a fan of the last book, so this one may decide if I stay with the series. And I'm really not sure I'm ready for Tohr's story!

Taryn at My Secret Romance UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "LOL!!! I think a lot of people feel that way, Lenore!! But I'm a die-hard fan. If I even think about waiting I start to twitch!"

I'm right there with you!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Taryn, nope, didn't change a thing! You only saw "own need to read" and started weeping, so you weren't able to see the 'preordered' shelf tag! LOL!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Lenore..... it's going to be a hard book to read. When we found out the book was Tohr's, I was sure I wouldn't read it until after everyone else, but the truth is... I'm gonna read it, so why not on release day? *sigh*

Taryn at My Secret Romance UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Taryn, nope, didn't change a thing! You only saw "own need to read" and started weeping, so you weren't able to see the 'preordered' shelf tag! LOL!"

Hahaha. Ok... Maybe that did happen. :)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... KarLyn - don't laugh at me but.... I'll have it for my Kindle because it's easier for me to read, but I'll buy it in hardcover for my kids and hubby because no way in hell are they touching my Kindle (with all the smut I have on there? LOL! Not a chance!) and then when it comes out in paperback, I'll buy that so all my copies match :)

message 18: by Lenore (last edited Jan 31, 2012 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore Dhes, I used to be like that. I have all previous BDB books in hardcover, ebook and audiobook. I don't know if I'll continue doing that though...

♡Karlyn P♡ I've been known to buy both ebook and the audiobook at the same time so I never have to stop reading. I put one down, pick up the other, with little break in the story. So I do understand the need for a few copies! I've bought entire audio series on books I've already read too. And I agree, no one touches my Kindle either.

Marina I've been bitching about the price in Amazon for quite some time, it's way too much even for a BDB book, all the other new releases are hardly 12$.

It has a new reduced price only 16,46$.........l

Lenore Marina wrote: "It has a new reduced price only 16,46$........."

You don't say!!! ONLY 16.46! Should I start dancing syrtaki now or wait a couple of days? Pffffff!!!

Marina It's pathetic isn't it??!!
The author know she is bleeding her devoted readers dry but simply doesn't care!! And all the other authors why they give a low price since publication date? And the thing that pisses me off is that she is going to reduce the price eventually!

Lenore That's why I'm gonna wait.

Marina How long Lena?

message 25: by Lenore (last edited Mar 27, 2012 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore Until the paperback is out. Then I'll either get the paperback or the Kindle version (which will also be under 10 bucks by then.)
Or, if I'm in a splurging mood *snicker* I'll pay the 20 bucks they're asking for now and get both.

Marina You know I think I can handle waiting but that means that I'll have to stay away from goodreads because all the "talk" is gonna make me crazy!

Booklover, Indianapolis Am I the only one who uses the library?! I have it on hold already, I'll have it within a couple of weeks (sometimes only have to wait a day or two) of its release, and then later I'll buy in paperback to add to my collection for $7.99.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Booklover, I've been thinking about getting on the library waitlist for the family!!

Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to do that now.

But I'll still buy the paperback.

I have to.

Really.

**twitch**

Krystal same here !!!! i bought the actual book today.. along with a red velvet cupcake.. lol.. I'm super excited and trying to put my kids to bed early so i can get started in peace !!! its going to be a long night :D

Alex is The Romance Fox I am so so jealous....i wish i had the book right now!!!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... GAH!!! IT's sooooooooooooooo good!!!!! 40%

message 32: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda The Book Slayer Great to hear. I still have to read book 9. I refuse to spend more than 8 dollars for the book and if I rent it from the library I am afraid I won't buy it and I need a complete series. lol So I tend to be a little behind with the BDB Boys!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Yeah, I'm loving this book so far. I hear that things go in a different direction at 50%, but for now, it's awesome!

Guilty Pleasures Awesome review!! I am still decompressing from the wonderful emotional roller coaster.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, DiDi! Yes, an emotional roller coaster ride for sure!!!

message 36: by Dina (new)

Dina Thanks for all the spoilers, Dhes! :) I dropped the series after V's book, but I was still curious about Tohr's HEA. Good to know it worked - at least, for you.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... You're welcome, Dina!! Yeah, the story worked. It doesn't mean my heart isn't breaking for all that Tohr, Wellsie and the baby lost. But like I said in the review, with what we were given, I think it was done really well.

Regina LOL about the sheets, I think Ward likes it messy.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Regina wrote: "LOL about the sheets, I think Ward likes it messy."

LOLOL!! Clearly!!!!!!!!!

Regina What about the scene and yuck (view spoiler) I didn't know whether to be disgusted, be embarrassed or LMAO!

Your review is amazing. I completely agree with so many parts especially Layla, she never bothered me. I always felt bad for her.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... LOLOL About Manny! I know, I totally know!

And thanks!! I think people sometimes hate characters not because they're horrible characters, but because, through no fault of their own, they stand in the way of other things, like couplings.

Nyrae Dawn LOVED the book soooo much too. Great review. I was totally nervous about it but she pulled it off brillantly. I am DYING for Qhuinn and Blay's book. LOVE the scene of Qhuinn you quoted.

~V~ Great review Dhes...as always!!!..and LMAO @ the changing sheets comment!!!!

message 44: by Patricia (new) - added it

Patricia BookExhibitionism I'm not sure if I agree, cause I haven't read the book yet, but I love your review! :)

Shawna Awesome review, Dhes! You summed it up beautifully!

"And in closing, I feel the need to point out that I'm thrilled that I am not the one who has to change the sheets in the Brothers' rooms at the Mansion. You couldn't pay me enough."

message 46: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Love the review!!!! Absolutely agree about the sheets

message 47: by Keri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri Finished mine today. Loved the book, just wish the ending could have been bumped up a bit and less some of the other stuff. I am totally looking forward to Xcor's book.

message 48: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Mar 31, 2012 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, ladies!! My emotions were all over the place with this book and right up until I was writing this review, I wasn't 100% sure what my rating would be... but the more I wrote, the more I remembered, the more I smiled... and yes, I cried... again... and when it was all said and done, I couldn't give it less than 5 stars.

I'm so thrilled that so many of us ended up loving it! This past year has been hell for me, waiting, worrying... and I know it's been the same for many of us.

So yeah.... Qhuinn and Blay's story?? BRING IT!!!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Shawna wrote: "AMEN to that! They better have some industrial size washers and dryers up in the mansion! LMAO!!!! "

I was thinking INCINERATOR!! LOLOL!!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Patricia wrote: "I'm not sure if I agree, cause I haven't read the book yet, but I love your review! :)"

I hope you love it, too, Patricia! I'm looking forward to reading everyone's reviews.

In fact, I've been looking for them and I'm not seeing many from my friends!!!

« previous 1 3 4