Melindeeloo's Reviews > Captive Spirit

Captive Spirit by Anna Windsor

Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: magic, paranormal-romance-demons, paranormal-romance, witches-wizards-mages-sorcerers
Read from July 01 to 18, 2011

As with the first trilogy, the hero this time round is not completely human - despite his incredible strength of will, NYPD detective Duncan Sharpe is losing his battle to fight the demon infection which will steal his life and his humanity. It is only a magical medallion, some major healing mojo by the sybil 'Mothers' and a little help from a 'friend' that has bought him a little time to help track down his murderous attackers. The little bit of time that Duncan has left is in no way enough for earth-powered Sybil Bela Argos who fell half-way in love with Duncan while he was sleeping. No stranger to loss, Bela still can't help opening her heart to Duncan even though she has enough challenges to face with turning her ragtag group of Sybils into a solid fighting quad - the first quartet to have a water Sybil in ages - all while fighting an enemy who is dangerous, devious, and hard to kill.

I liked Captive Spirit even better than books in Windsor's first Dark Crescent Sisterhood Sybil trilogy - Windosr appears to have developed a lighter touch in building the attraction between the leads this time round while still keeping some of the elements that I enjoyed in the first book. Though where the cohesive sybil trio in the first book was interesting, the dynamics between Bella and her fellow emotionally battered misfits offers more story potential in than the former sybil team in that not does Bela's group have to face their demon enemies but there own inner demons as well, and I am really looking forward to seeing the four women come into their own both individually and as a group over the next couple books. So I am really looking forward to Captive Soul and Captive Spirit but I am also wondering - couldn't find any info on this since Winsor's website is defunct - whether there is a fourth book planned for this group. It just seems like it would make sense that Dio get a book of her own too, but I'll know better after reading the other two.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Spirit.