Alessandra's Reviews > Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn

Enchantment by Donald Spoto

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: biographies, classic-movie-stars
Read from July 02 to 03, 2011

I adore Audrey Hepburn & she is one of my favorite actresses, so reading a biography about her was a great opportunity to get to know her more personally. This book is an amazing biography of the recollection of the events in Audrey Hepburn's life. It starts from her childhood & leads up to the events that took place up until the day she died. It not only elaborates on her life history but as well as the people she became close friends with & her co-stars that were with her in her movies. This is the first book I have read by Donald Spoto, & he is an excellent author. Even though this is not a suspense book where you would usually keep turning the pages to see what happens next, this book has the kind of writing style that is so well put together you just want to keep reading more & more. I definitely recommend this book if you are a fan of Audrey Hepburn.

I do want to put one thing out there. In some of the excerpts it tells a lot of detail about some of her movies, so I really recommend this book if you seen most of her movies, otherwise reading this may tell too much about her movies & their endings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchantment.