Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > Between Here and Forever

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Elizabeth Scott, is one of the sweetest authors I've come across. With a heart of gold, her stories shine with plots anyone could relate to. In Between Here and Forever, I met Abby, a girl whose existence was hidden behind her beautiful sister's shadow. Her constant insecurity stemmed from the feeling of never being good enough. I'd assume Abby would despise her sister, but she actually felt the opposite. The pure sincerity of Abby's actions following Tess's tragic accident, was touching. Every day she would visit her coma stricken sister, hoping for her to wake up. Luckily, Eli the mysterious yet good looking employee comes along who might have the key to Abby's wishes, just not the one she expected.

I really enjoyed Eli's persona around Abby, even though half the time she didn't think she was worthy of his attention. I disliked that trait about her, I had the urge many times of slapping her so she could wake up and see her awesomeness. But, in all honesty, I understand why Elizabeth created her character with flaws. It just wouldn't be the same in the end without her learning experiences. Another aspect of the novel I didn't expect surrounded Tess's hidden secret which was unraveled while Abby searched through her sister's past. Finally, the message throughout the plot was inspirational and could easily be connected with. Even though this is my first Elizabeth Scott novel, I am definitely going to read more of her works soon!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Here and Forever.