Carolyn's Reviews > Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241)

Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) by Stephanie Newton

Jul 04, 11

Read from July 01 to 04, 2011

Well, I don't know what I was expecting when I read this book, but it was...moderately exciting. The hero in the story had a past with the DEA, but came back to his hometown wanting a normal life, and the heroine 'Miss Sunshine' the police department psychologist did not do dating and was waiting for Mr. Right. Her problem was finding out about a terrible secret her father kept from her. Now, there's nothing wrong with waiting for Mr. Right, but not dating? I thought that was just a little too much. The danger in the story was there in the beginning, but, compared to other suspense books I've read, it was much too tame for me. It wasn't until the end when it got really exciting and dangerous. The romance was friendship that grew to love, which was good, but the suspense on a scale from one to ten to me, was a six up until the final chapters when it became a nine. This was just an o.k. read for me. I have read another Love Inspired romance that wasn't a suspense, but involved danger similar to this, and that author was good! I don't know, just something lacking in this one for me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241).

07/03/2011 page 130