Nathiel's Reviews > History of the Timelaws

History of the Timelaws by Marise Ghorayeb

Jul 01, 2011

Read from July 01 to 03, 2011

Marise sent me this book to review and I'm glad. I really liked this book, it was challenging but also a great read, I loved the references to Doctor Who and like Elizabeth I also expected a blue police box to appear out of no where :) The book was fast paced and changes into different times where the different Elizabeth's were doing different things. At first this makes it a bit difficult to follow especially as the book is so fast paced, but after the first or second time you get used to it.
Elizabeth is a 15 year old who is the leader of the Darks of her time, Darks are one of the factions in which the earth is divided, and they can travel through Time and Space as well as having magical powers.
On the other hand you have their "enemies" the wizards who have no defined leader.
And at last the normal humans who live in a blissful ignorance of what's happening around them.
I loved that we got introduced to people of the three different groups, and we get to know them and see a bit of their lives.
Over all, it was an enjoyable reading although I recommend that you find out a bit about time traveling before reading it.
I give it 4 out of 5.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read History of the Timelaws.