Pam's Reviews > Time of My Life

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

F_50x66
Jul 06, 11

Recommended to Pam by: bookclub memeber
Recommended for: young women
Read from July 01 to 06, 2011, read count: once

I wanted to like this but I'm not crazy about time travel books - they always seem somewhat confusing to me and this one desperately needed some editing. I don't think the confusion I felt was all my fault. For example, I'm still confused...is Megan alive? Evidently she is and she did have a child but early on, we were told she died. How did Jillian going back and changing her life also change Megan's? I've missed something I guess.
Also, why so much of the f-word? I'm not a prude and have used the word but more than a few of these in a novel are enough!!! I understand she is supposed to be a young hip woman but come on - it's one thing to use it in conversation; it is another to read it over and over again.
Jackson's mother was made out to be absolutely impossible so why would Jillian start to give in and go along with all the things she really wasn't interested in. It was obvious that marriage would never make it.
Pg. 196 where she sees Henry the way he was in the beginning and wonders why the change - that was very real but we all know time diminishes the newness in anything, especially relationships unless you work very hard at keeping it new.
The deal with Jillian's mother was never really explained and the book just sort of ended (I was glad when it did).
Her comments with referrals to different magazines were right on point and some of the novel was funny and felt very real.
This book probably speaks more to the younger generation; not those of us past 60 - we are more mellow by then.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of My Life.