Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Haunting Refrain

Author: Ellis Vidler
Genre: Paranormal (psychic abilities), Suspense, Thriller, Romance
Length: Novel

Excellent read!

Kate McGuire has a gift. She can find things that are lost, keys, purses and such. She joins a parapsychology group with her good friend, Venice, to explore her talent. She gets a little more than she bargains for when she's handed an unidentified woman's headband. Touching this object sends Kate into a full blown psychic encounter that has her experiencing the final moments of a woman's life as she is being brutally murdered. The police do not take Kate seriously, but the murderer does.

HAUNTING REFRAIN by ELLIS VIDLER has something for everyone in it, suspense, romance and a touch of the paranormal. This was an all around enjoyable read. The character of Venice was such a pleasant surprise. She's an eccentric, quirky older woman that loves the flair of being dramatic. She gave me many laugh out loud moments.

I really enjoyed getting to meet and know the character of Kate. She's a strong woman that's been held back by a domineering mother and older husband until she decided to take her life back, leave them in the dust and do what she loves, photography. I also enjoyed learning about Kate's psychic gifts right along with her. They are so new to her, she's not sure what's real and what isn't. It's a really fun and frightening adventure.

I must say that I had a very difficult time putting this book down and when it was over, I was actually sad because I enjoyed the characters so much. I hope that Ms. Vidler writes a sequel to HAUNTING REFRAIN so I can continue the adventures of the budding romance with John, Kate's learning experience with her psychic abilities and her interactions with her wonderful friendships. I highly recommend this book to everyone that enjoys a well written suspense, thriller, romance with some very believable paranormal twists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunting Refrain.