Jess's Reviews > Phantom

Phantom by L.J. Smith
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5492114
's review
May 26, 12


Ok seriously? Why the hell is everyone hating on this series?????? It's amazing! Some of you need to stop and ask yourself, 'If I hate this series, and think that it died 3 books ago, then why am I looking up the next book and taking time out of my life to write a book review for it?' Look, Some of us like this book, so shut the hell up if your going to hate because it's innapropriate and rude.
Thanks, and reply, if you agree. :)
39 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantom.
Sign In »

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Evil Twin One (Ange) I agree! I really can't stand that people are hating on L.J. Smith when she's not even the one writing the books anymore. Alloy was stupid and fired her. She originally wrote Phantom but they had it rewritten.


message 2: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Evil Twin One (Ange) wrote: "I agree! I really can't stand that people are hating on L.J. Smith when she's not even the one writing the books anymore. Alloy was stupid and fired her. She originally wrote Phantom but they had i..."

Thanks God! At least someone is still sane on this site! I clicked on this review expecting everyone to be excited and then I'm like, What the hecks up with all these haters????? Thanks for the like and Ikr? They shouldn't have fired her :( Friend me ;)


message 3: by Alina (new) - added it

Alina Diaz I love L.J. Smith. I enjoyed The Vampire Diaries and I cant wait for the new series to come out. I was very upset that she got fired from her books but its not going to stop me from reading the series. People need to stop hating on her because she is amazing. Who else can say they they got two of their book series picked up for TV shows and it be very successful.


message 4: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Alina wrote: "I love L.J. Smith. I enjoyed The Vampire Diaries and I cant wait for the new series to come out. I was very upset that she got fired from her books but its not going to stop me from reading the ser..."

Couldn't Agree more! I <3 Her series :) and we need to stop H8ers


Evil Twin One (Ange) Yes she is amazing! I have yet to read a book written by her that I didn't love.


message 6: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Evil Twin One (Ange) wrote: "Yes she is amazing! I have yet to read a book written by her that I didn't love."

I still Don't Get why there are soooo many h8ers on this series.... Hmmmm I know! They're totally jealous because they'll never find someone as great as Damon or Stefan. Yep that's it ;)


Evil Twin One (Ange) Haha yup that's it.


message 8: by Alina (new) - added it

Alina Diaz I agree. I don't think that there is anyone better then them. After reading The Vampire Diaries, I couldn't stand Twilight. Those books are child's play compared to TVD.


message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU TWO!! I COMPLETELY AGREE! i was devistated at the end of Midnight, i was a serious Damon fan and now there are rumors that he may not even be in the next series!


Evil Twin One (Ange) If Damon's not in the next series then I'm not reading it. He made the series and it will not even compare to L.J.'s work. You can't have TVD without Damon.


message 11: by Alina (new) - added it

Alina Diaz I agree he is the only one I read for. I don't think I could read anymore if hes not in it. How the last book ended he should be in this series because he has to find his way back to Elena and Bonnie. This might just be me but I kinda like Bonnie and Damon together. I want something to happen between them.


message 12: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess I Agree With absolutely Everything above ^^ Especially the parts about not reading it unless Damon's in it. It'd be a HUGE mistake if they took him out of it, then again it was a Huge mistake to fire L.J. Smith so... Who knows???? :S


Christina I agree with everyone that said L.J. Smith is an amazing author. I will not be reading Phantom for the simple fact that Alloy fired her. For me, it is not about whether or not is will be any good (even though I think it won't) or who ends up with who. It is about sending a message to Alloy that I will not support their treatment of L.J. or their disrespect for the fans by trying to pretend L.J. Smith is still the author. I hope all who know what happened with tell others and boycott as well. However, each person must decide for themselves what is important to them and how they will spend their money.


message 14: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Thanks for all the Likes Guys :D I'm glad to know I don't stand alone with my opinion.


message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Ramirez I LOVE The Vampire Diaries!
Written by L.J. Smith.
Not the ghost-writer.


Jessie I love this, although I do have a comment on "They're totally jealous because they'll never find someone as great as Damon or Stefan"
In no way is Damon great, Damon is the most selfish character I've ever read about. Why would somebody want to be with him. Stefan though is the sweetest and most selfless character I've ever read about.


message 17: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Jessie wrote: "I love this, although I do have a comment on "They're totally jealous because they'll never find someone as great as Damon or Stefan"
In no way is Damon great, Damon is the most selfish character I..."


OOps Sorry! I'd have to agree if we're talking about the book character Damon then yes, he can be quite an ass sometimes. But my obession for him is from the T.V. show, where I don't think he's quite as much of an ass(Most of the time ;D)
*~Jess~*


Jessie I still have to disagree with you. lol. Damon is more of an ass in the books, but he is a major ass in the show. He irritates me in the show, but I still love him. & in the books I hate him.


message 19: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Jessie wrote: "I still have to disagree with you. lol. Damon is more of an ass in the books, but he is a major ass in the show. He irritates me in the show, but I still love him. & in the books I hate him."

Yeah,,, He is quite an ass in both, but I guess my judgement is blinded because of my deafening attraction to bad boys. LOL ;) Either way, they're both two incredibly HOT men. No disagreement there, right?
*~Jess~*


Jessie Jess wrote: "Jessie wrote: "I still have to disagree with you. lol. Damon is more of an ass in the books, but he is a major ass in the show. He irritates me in the show, but I still love him. & in the books I h..."

Oh No. They are gorgeous.. lol. Only a fool would disagree with that.


message 21: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy People write reviews when they hate books too, so other people know they suck and don't buy them. I don't know about these new ones but the ones LJ Smith wrote were terrible. Disagree all you want but even the publishers thought she sucked lol.


Jessie Christina wrote: "People write reviews when they hate books too, so other people know they suck and don't buy them. I don't know about these new ones but the ones LJ Smith wrote were terrible. Disagree all you want..."

People's reviews never influence my decisions. People have different opinions on things, no two minds think alike. So why would anyone LET someone else's opinion influence their decision?
I think the publishers just didn't like where she was taking the story. Who she wanted to be endgame, was different than who they wanted.
but if you think they sucked, okay.


message 23: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Jessie wrote: "People's reviews never influence my decisions. People have different opinions on things, no two minds think alike. So why would anyone LET someone else's opinion influence their decision?
I think the publishers just didn't like where she was taking the story. Who she wanted to be endgame, was different than who they wanted.
but if you think they sucked, okay. "





Well I guess it is hard to decide on just reviews cause some people hate it and some love it all the time. But if the rating is low then I likely wouldn't buy it.
Read this, http://www.vampire-diaries.net/books/...
The books weren't even her original idea. So they told her what to write about. If they wanted Elena and Stefan to be together, that's how she should have wrote it.
I saw something she said once that she wanted to continue writing them, so honestly it's her fault. If she really did want to continue writing them she should have listened to them.
Honestly though maybe they just fired her cause she sucked and this is just a cover up so people still buy her books.
I love this part:
"About Stefan’s Diaries. This series is related to the TV series, and was not written by L.J. Smith." lmfao. Glad they pointed that out, I might actually read them now.


message 24: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Kentel I couldn't agree more. I can't stand reading reviews on books that are actually fantastic. I wish people would stop writing such bad reviews one what's the point of a bad review when you rate the book, two reviews take for to much time to even bother if you didn't like the book and three bashing the author for writing a "bad" book is really disrespectful and uncalled for. I always ask people when they tell me about a bad book how many books they have written and have had published??. I wish they never fired L. J. Smith I have a few of her series and she an awesome writer always keeping you interested.


message 25: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Danielle wrote: "I couldn't agree more. I can't stand reading reviews on books that are actually fantastic. I wish people would stop writing such bad reviews one what's the point of a bad review when you rate the book, two reviews take for to much time to even bother if you didn't like the book and three bashing the author for writing a "bad" book is really disrespectful and uncalled for. I always ask people when they tell me about a bad book how many books they have written and have had published??. I wish they never fired L. J. Smith I have a few of her series and she an awesome writer always keeping you interested. "


Then don't read reviews that rated the books low stars if you get so offended by them. When I write negative reviews I do it for the people who haven't read the book yet, not people who think it's fantastic.
Not everyone writes really long reviews, so it doesn't take that much time.
lol what. You don't need to have written books and have had them published to be able to judge other books.
Wish all you want she got fired and that's that lawlzzz


Karen (Reading__Addiction) I have enjoyed this series and im sure ill like the Hunter series, the books are more entertaining then the TV show anyways thats for sure.


Sabrina Everyone on this site is allowed to speak their mind so let them if you don't like what people have to say then don't read it. And how is it inapropriate to write what you think? Also good for anyone who likes the book thats their opinion and this is mine. i gave this book a 1 star.


message 28: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa i totaly agree with you


Jenia Agreed. what point reading book if you dont like it


message 30: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Jenia. wrote: "Agreed. what point reading book if you dont like it"


How will you know if you like a book or not if you haven't read it?? Awks.


message 31: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Sabrina wrote: "Everyone on this site is allowed to speak their mind so let them if you don't like what people have to say then don't read it. And how is it inapropriate to write what you think? Also good for anyo..."

Exactly!
I don't know why they're getting so sore about it that's the point of the site, to say your opinion on books whether it be good or bad.


message 32: by Christy (last edited Oct 19, 2012 06:59PM) (new) - added it

Christy Jeremy wrote: "I could completely agree with you. all these haters are getting on my last damn nerve. not to get all grade school on you all but you have me no choose. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE DON'T SAY ANY..."

Butthurt. Lol.
Also your average rating is 4.93/5


message 33: by AA (new)

AA The Awesome I like the Vampire Diaries even throughI haven't finished the series through I disagree with you Jess everyone is titled to there opinion the reason they r taking time to write a review because they want to express what there feeling and warn people like if there is this book you really really hate and u feel its not worth reading u would want to warn someone right ....... So some people don't like this book and want to warn
But to me it's a really good book
-A


Oliver Urban I bought the paperback copy of this with much trepidation, knowing that L.J. Smith had been fired. I decided to give them a chance regardless. I can't say that the book was absolutely horrible, but it wasn't good either. L.J. Smith wrote with a spark, and the ghostwrite doesn't have that spark, most likely because it isn't their own story, or their own characters. It's an amazing opportunity that will probably open up a lot of doors for the ghostwriter, but the fact is, they would do better with something original. They would understand their own world and characters better. The craftsmanship was lacking. It was definitley a horrible idea to fire Mrs. Smith, who created the world and characters and was immensely loyal to the books. She was fired for refusing to write a Stefan/Elena endgame. It's pathetic.


message 35: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Knight Read all so far love Series!


Rebecca Veight I don't understand why ppl waste their time on hating "idle hands" put your effort in something u like & leave us TVD fans alone


Megan Lavelle That was the best way to put it ever. I get that they might put a bad reveiw on the very first book, but this is like the what? 6 or 7th book in the series. Though I don't get how anyone could hate these books. They have just the right amount of originality and cliche thst makes this story so good. It's got the right facts with legends, traditions ect. even the stuff with the ley lines is a fact cause I read s non fiction book sbout them once! So yeh guys if your gonna leave a bad comment do it on the first. And if you don't like the first don't read the rest. It's just logic really.


message 38: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Megan wrote: "That was the best way to put it ever. I get that they might put a bad reveiw on the very first book, but this is like the what? 6 or 7th book in the series. Though I don't get how anyone could hate these books. They have just the right amount of originality and cliche thst makes this story so good. It's got the right facts with legends, traditions ect. even the stuff with the ley lines is a fact cause I read s non fiction book sbout them once! So yeh guys if your gonna leave a bad comment do it on the first. And if you don't like the first don't read the rest. It's just logic really. "

Um your average rating is 5 on 85 books.. sorry that makes your opinion really invalid. Tbh you just like every shit you read lol.
You also don't even write reviews, not much help you are to this site really.

You know you people are getting annoying you just keep complaining about people "hating" when they are actually being helpful. Imagine every book you go to and the average rating is 5 with all the comments full of butterflies and rainbows... yeah that's really gonna help you when you want to decide what to read next. Guaranteed you'd be reading a lot more garbage if it wasn't for people leaving reviews on stuff they hated. It's the point of the site hello!!!


message 39: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess People are allowed to have their own opinions but keep in mind that taking time out of your day just to say that you hated every book in a series is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Why waste time reading an entire series if you don't like it at all? Stop after book one, perhaps write a critique review and then read a differenttttt book that you might actually find entertainng.


Rachel H. The books are still great. Also Nightfall, Shadow Souls, and Midnight were written by a ghost writer too.


Christina Just wanted to say that Nightfall, Shadow Souls, and Midnight were written by L.J. Smith. They were not written by a ghostwriter. This info. is on her official website.


Garry Dhesi I don't understand what's got into the brain of the ones who are hating the series!! I love vampire diaries, both t.v show and the book series though Katherine's role was more expanded in t.v show which was cool. but the point is vampire diaries is no where near dead. everything about it is amazing and I am glad the series has not ended yet even if those stupid people fired the original writer.
god knows why on earth that possibly happened,......


back to top