Margaret's Reviews > A Lady of Secret Devotion

A Lady of Secret Devotion by Tracie Peterson

Jul 15, 10

bookshelves: christianfiction, tracie-peterson, bethany-house, own, historical
Recommended to Margaret by: Amy Kittel
Recommended for: Christian Historical Fiction
Read in March, 2009 — I own a copy

Another work of poetry in the form of prose from beloved author Tracie Peterson. In this story there were bits that dragged for me a little bit, but I absolutely love the story overall. This is the third book in the Ladies of Liberty series, yet all the stories stand alone with unconnected characters.

Years ago, when I first read the Yukon Quest 3-in-1 I was shocked at how vividly Tracie could present a villain and at how I could really feel a strong animosity toward a fictitious character. Well, in the novel those similar feelings were brought back to face this "bad guy" as well. The cruelty is so real that it is palpable.

I did feel in this story that the main character's faith was too strong and unwavering to be real, but it is just a story, and she is a perfect example of how one's faith should be. Through out this story we are given examples of love lost and found and growth within personal relationships to God. One of things that I found most intriguing to read in a character's plot was about a struggle to find God on his own, rather than just experiencing God through a friend or neighbor.

It is amazing what lessons can be learned through a bit of fiction.

This is a story that I would recommend for someone who enjoys the writings of Tracie Peterson and other authors like her. It is a good story that you can reflect a lot of what is going on inside yourself and evaluate your reactions to the various events through out and see how you may be growing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady of Secret Devotion.

Quotes Margaret Liked

Tracie Peterson
“Perhaps this is what it was all about. Leaning on God when life made no sense, as well as when the answers seem clear.”
Tracie Peterson, A Lady of Secret Devotion