April's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Jul 01, 2011

Read from September 15 to 26, 2011

So it took me a little while to review this.. because I was working on a Sims Trailer for it. I had a hard time coming up with how I wanted to do it... so I decided to take a different approach with this one. I focused on the bond.. because that is what fascinated me the most about this book. I also did some voice over.. “I'm so sorry” lol. I was trying to sound more adult... but in reality it came off more like a child-like phone sex operator. Which is great, because I am an adult. Now I wonder what my customers say about me when they get me on the phone. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy it! And go get this book! Now!

http://www.youtube.com/waTo Start out, I want to thank Andrea so much for lending me this book. Blood Bound is the first I have ever read from Rachel Vincent. I am sometimes a little reluctant to purchase a book if I haven't read anything from the Author yet. I can assure you that after reading this, I will be buying all of Vincent's material in due time. I'd purchase it all right this instant, but alas... I'm not rich. I first heard of Rachel Vincent's work when I started reading YA. Her Soul Screamers series is quite popular with my fellow blogger and personal friends. So it's kinda funny to me, that I would pick up one of her adult books first.. but it's how the cookie crumbled and I'm so glad it fell that way. This is such a great story. When I first started this, I was thinking that Liv was bound to help her friend based on morals alone. Not so much, there was so much more to this story then I could have imagined. It had me guessing at every turn. Blood Bound was fast paced, full of action, and filled with just the right amount of romance. I find I read YA mostly these days, because I have trouble finding that perfect balance in the adult selections I pick up. I'm so thrilled that I have found an Author who knows how to do it right! I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm just going to insist you all read this, whether you have read her stuff yet or not. I am now dying to know what happens in Shadow Bound and by the time you finish it, you will be too! So it took me a little while to review this.. because I was working on a Sims Trailer for it. I had a hard time coming up with how I wanted to do it... so I decided to take a different approach with this one. I focused on the bond.. because that is what fascinated me the most about this book. I also did some voice over.. “I'm so sorry” lol. I was trying to sound more adult... but in reality it came off more like a child-like phone sex operator. Which is great, because I am an adult. Now I wonder what my customers say about me when they get me on the phone. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy it! And go get this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

09/15/2011 page 40
9.0% "This book has sucked me in already... :)"
show 4 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Heather so glad you loved it! now u gotta read her Soul Screamers series!

April I plan to!

Jayde "I find I read YA mostly these days, because I have trouble finding that perfect balance in the adult selections I pick up. "

I know what you mean! YA doesn't have the crutch of sex to hold up the reader's interest, so there's more focus on an actual story. Not that I have anything against racy parts but I prefer that stuff to be secondary. The Chicagoland vampires series strikes a good balance though, you should check it out if you haven't already.