Ashton's Reviews > Exiled

F 50x66
Jul 01, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, legendary
Read on June 30, 2011

WOW. Just plain WOW. This book was an incredible action packed, fast paced, thrill ride, that kept me hanging on until the end.
I absolutely loved this book, and am definitely looking forward to a sequel!

~*~*~*~

M.R. Merrick's writing style is fantastic. I'm not a big fan of 1st person stories, but this was written so well, I forgot it was in 1st person. He is so detailed in is his descriptions, you feel like you are right there in the rooms and situations with the characters. The plot and storyline were well thought out and executed, and all of the characters were very well developed. There are some definite twists in the story, which add to the mystery and action, and by the end of the epilogue I was crying my eyes out.

~*~*~

Exiled weaves together some of my favorite fantasy and paranormal elements. There are demons, vampires, humans, and the use of the elements (fire,earth,water,air). I read this story in one sitting; I loved it so much I just could not put it down. I was quite fond of the relationship between Chase and his mother Tessa - "You and me, always" - that line always got me, and the witty banter between Chase and Rayna (she was definitely one of my favorite characters - as was Willy). Overall this was just legen...wait for it...dary. Legendary. Yea. It was that awesome.
Fantastic Job Mr. Merrick!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiled.