Melissa's Reviews > Hereafter

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Sep 16, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: books-i-own, ya-fiction, 1-star, fantasy, fiction, mystery, paranormal, part-of-series, read-2011
Read from September 13 to 16, 2011

I give this book ZERO stars. I hurts me that this is not even and option. It does not even deserve that star that i am forced to give it.

While reading it, i was yawing and last night fell asleep reading it!
I mean what the hell! What were the publishes thinking when they published this book! It is not worth the paper it is printed on. I never even got to the end. Im sitting here thinking why the hell did i just read 247 pages of this book?!
It was so rushed! There was no depth to the story that made it believable! None at all!
The two main characters really got on my nerves and i wished that she would go to the "afterworld" place and he would just go and die. Which i know sounds harsh, but after reading so many YA books now, this is a poor excuse for one. I am actually ashamed of buying it!
There was one chapter right at the beginning of the book, can't remember which where the only words coming out of her mouth were "Oh"! She said it like 10 times in that chapter. I was like can you say anything else, or is that the entire range of you vocabulary!
The story was just lame. The characters were boring, and when Amelia or whatever he name is, is trying to find out who she is, i really couldn't be bothered to care!
Im hammering down on my keyboard typing this review, and im so angry, im fuming. Trying to calm myself down! "It's only a book!"
ARRRR!!!!!
Why just tell me! What is there in the book that can possibly give this book 5 stars.
The relationship, if you can even call it that.! A ghost and a human! Yeah because that's believable! It made me want to throw up! The relationship was to fast. Within 3 or 4 chapters, they "loved" each other!
Yeah, with Twilight, at least their relationship was believable. And not just Twilight but other books to. Shiver, Die for Me, and one of the book i hate, Fallen. I could actually see the relationship working. This it was, creepy and i just can't bare to read on. Im sorry i just can't. And to now find out that it is going to be a 3 part series?! Yeah, like im going to be getting them.
Trust me, no matter what reviews you read and no matter who good they make the book sound, don't read it! And to now know that i've brought this book twice, one for me and one for my mum! I want my money back! I could of used those minutes of reading i used with this book, on another totally amazing book and got a lot more enjoyment out of it.
Read it if you want, and ghost are your kind of thing, try it if you want. But if you've never read about them, don't read this book. Im sure there are other good ghost stories out there.
And im not even going to bother by saying "Happy Reading" as this book has made me so miserable, at no point in that book was i happy! I've actually forgotten what happy feels like :O
Please, save yourself the bother and don't waste those precious hours reading this, and use it on some other book!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hereafter.

09/12/2011 page 25
6.0% "Liking this book already :)"
09/15/2011 page 107
26.0% "If this book does not pick up soon, i am going to chuck it against a wall!"

The Nate Gatsby Ouch. haha. Glad I haven't found a book that dull yet.

Melissa Really? It's surprising how many dull one's i find, you must have a good eye with books! :)

The Nate Gatsby I've had some classic books that had really boring parts...but usually they end up being really good in the end.

Lately I've been reading a lot of mystery/thriller books. They are hard to be too boring.

Melissa Yeah i find most book do have boring parts, but something usually happens anyway and makes it more exciting. There was just nothing in this book that made it exciting or thrilling to read.
Yeah mystery books are always good. Know any good ones? Dying to read some more! :)

The Nate Gatsby I really like the Stanley Hastings series by Parnell Hall. Detective

It is about a "detective" that always bumbles around and messes things up about as much as he helps. They are pretty funny and entertaining, but on the old side.

What kind of mysteries do you like?

Melissa Thanks, they sound good. Im going to give them a go:)
I've recently read Gone by Michael Grant. Its a really good mystery book and i really enjoyed it. I like reading books where people go missing. I find them quite fascinating :)

The Nate Gatsby Missing people book always give me a bad feeling in my stomach...they hardly ever find the people alive. They make good stories though. Especially the ones where you get to hear bits and pieces from the missing person too.

Melissa Yeah those one's interest me too. I watch this show called "Disappeared" It got me started on the whole thing. Most time's, they end up finding them, but there are the occasional ones, who aren't found :(

message 9: by Amarice (new)

Amarice you know, a brief look at the book summary kind of screams 'boring' 'wierd' and such other things, don't you think? One way or another, it's good to experience different kinds of book in order to find the finest of all. I am a little surpsrised, though, because the book's ratings are not high, but not that low, either.

Kelley You know it gets worse because Hudson added a love triangle to the second one.

Kelley Tinklepants wrote: "If you don't like this type of book, why read it. Anyway, I'm sorry your vagina crusted up so bad that you're permantaly in a bad mood. I guess I would reccomend some Dan Brown for you. Snooge."

Wow, were you bred to be an idiot, Tinklepants?

Melissa Tinklepants wrote: "If you don't like this type of book, why read it. Anyway, I'm sorry your vagina crusted up so bad that you're permantaly in a bad mood. I guess I would reccomend some Dan Brown for you. Snooge."

What the hell! Im expressing my opinion! I didn't like the book. Why would i then go and write and amazing review about it if it wasn't true? Don't like what i say, then go and find someone else to haggle!

Thanks, Kelley for sticking up for me! :)

Kelley No problem, Melissa. Tinklepants is ignorant, and a major troll. This comment he/she made was the only thing they have ever done on Goodreads. Some people are just sad. It was definitely a ghost account.

Melissa Kelley wrote: "No problem, Melissa. Tinklepants is ignorant, and a major troll. This comment he/she made was the only thing they have ever done on Goodreads. Some people are just sad. It was definitely a ghost ac..."

I know! I flagged the comment, but i also saw the comment is the only thing they have done. They must lead very boring lives to sign up to goodreads, just to make that comment! :)

Kelley Ha, dumb sock-puppet accounts! Someoe seriously has way to much time on there hands and apparently knows how people will come troll stomping someone being ignorant. I am sure whoever made that comment stumbled upon it after reading the book and loving it. Decided they didn't want the association and made the choice to create this fake persona. Sad little lives they must lead. I liked your review for the record. It was HILARIOUS. I gave this book a no star rating too!