Maldivianbookreviewer's Reviews > Viper's Kiss

Viper's Kiss by Shannon Curtis

4201191
Who in the world wouldn't want to read a title with a cover as this one? I fell completely for it and though Shannon Curtis is a totally new author for me, within the first chapter itself I knew that in this instant judging the book by its cover had been the right thing to do.

Margaret Elizabeth Kincaid is the Information Services Librarian at the University of Washington whose wildest nightmares couldn't have shown her the turmoil her life could turn into. Arrested and taken into custody for economic espionage and murder, Maggie's orderly life is turned upside down when being arrested with the whole university looking on is just the tip of the iceberg.

When the squad car in which she is held is stopped by gun-toting vicious looking goons who have no problem with killing two federal officers whilst they are at it, Maggie undergoes the goons' vicious onslaught whose only aim is to retrieve the research of the world-altering kind she supposedly has stolen for their boss. Being called the 'Viper' when she she has no clue as to who she is, Maggie is at a loss which doesn't stop her from fighting for her right to survive.

Maggie narrowly escapes being manhandled to death by one set of goons only to run smack-dab into the arms of Luke Fletcher who is Ex-Special Forces and works for the McCormack Security Agency who has been entrusted with the task of retrieving the sensitive information stolen by the notorious and vicious Viper.

What Luke doesn't comprehend happening is that he would screw up his first solo assignment so royally by lusting after the notorious Viper, almost believing the lies that comes out of her delectable mouth. Tall, blonde and too dangerous for her peace of mind is what Luke is to Maggie who has never been so tempted to break her own ninety day rule before. The fact that he almost makes her forget the reason for their acquaintance is reason enough for Maggie to be wary of the man whose rough and hard kisses stir her to her very soul.

And just when it seems like things may finally work out for Luke and Maggie, reality intervenes making Maggie take matters into her own hands to prove once and for all that she is not the infamous Viper whom everyone thinks she is.

For me, Viper's Kiss turned out to be a surprisingly enjoyable read. I liked both Maggie and sexy as hell Luke and the chemistry between the two. Luke surprisingly is the only ex-military hero that I have encountered who actually has plans of settling down and what scares him is the fact that Maggie is the one he wants to do that with whilst still thinking her to be Viper.

The adventure aspect of the novel was fast-paced with plenty of action and thus never a dull moment in the story. And I enjoyed Drew Michaels and Noah Samuels entry into the story, the two other agents sent in who lend the story something extra with their presence. Would love to see more stories about the rest of the guys at MSA and I definitely look forward to reading more from Shannon Curtis.

Rating=4/5

Original review posted on MBR's Realm of Romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viper's Kiss.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Nice, Mbr! Another one I tried to get an ARC for. And failed. You'll have to share your secrets. I'm putting this one my tbr pile.

Maldivianbookreviewer Jill wrote: "Nice, Mbr! Another one I tried to get an ARC for. And failed. You'll have to share your secrets. I'm putting this one my tbr pile."

Thanks Jill. LOL! Secrets as in how I got the galley? Hmm I have no idea. Carina Press usually approves my requests. Maybe cos I have a review blog? Some publishers do not approve my requests as well :( But its great that Netgalley exists. We get to read a lot of good books that way don't we?

But I am still waiting for my galley of Sarah Mayberry's latest book. Most probably wouldn't get it now. So waiting impatiently for its release. *sigh*

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill I think you're right about the blog Mbr. Carina Press approves those who have a blog or website I'm pretty sure. And I hope you get the Sarah Mayberry soon. I enjoyed that one.

Maldivianbookreviewer Jill wrote: "I think you're right about the blog Mbr. Carina Press approves those who have a blog or website I'm pretty sure. And I hope you get the Sarah Mayberry soon. I enjoyed that one."

Yeah, I love her work. So not getting the galley is a bit depressing. LOL!