Rommel's Reviews > Memories, Dreams, Reflections

Memories, Dreams, Reflections by C.G. Jung

Jun 30, 11

This a good read for a type of autobiography and educational content on Carl Jung's life and some of his work. In this book, Jung shares some of his chidhood memories, university years, his work with Freud and his eventual break away from this friendship, as well as his own work with his patients, dreams, and the unconscious. There are some great deciding points in his life about the path he decided to take and explains that without his pursuing and understanding some of his inner images, he could not have accomplished what he did throughout his life. In fact, he said that had he not delved himself deeply into his own study, he would have died. He has another book, which has only been recently published, called, "The Red Book" which apparently shows some of the images he was dealing with throughout his life. I am looking forward to reading this book, its a shame its only $200 to buy it. If anyone out there, has it and wants to sell it or simply share it for free as I do with my books, or exchange it, please message me.

Overall, the book has some good information about Jung's life and some background about some of his decision making, however, it falls really short from being an autobiography but also as an educational on his work,,,so as a mix of both its an ok book. However, I felt that his explanations on his discoveries of the unconscious and his own experiences with it, as well as some of his biographical information was good but not detailed enough. I would have liked to have read more about his personal experiences with the unconscious and more on his life experiences.

Good reads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memories, Dreams, Reflections.