Joy's Reviews > Wicked Ties

Wicked Ties by Shayla Black

2711937
Jul 05, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, erotic-fiction, contemporary-romance, mystery-suspense, bdsm
Read from July 01 to 05, 2011

It's official: Shayla Black is now one of my favorite authors.

For those who didn't appreciate this novel, I guess they're just looking for something else, but it totally worked for me. It goes with the mindset because when you see the title, you think of lots of kinky stuff, hot sex, shallow characters and nothing but sex.

If that isn't your cup of tea, then don't read this book. I don't know why I've put off reading this for too long when it's been stored in my laptop for more than a year. This is not the first Shayla Black novel I've read, it was "Dangerous Boys and Their Toy."

Though the only similarity is the menage, everything is totally different. I read this with a pre-conceived notion of a lot of bed scenes, naughty scenes, erotic stuff, but with no expectation of a story at all. This one exceeded my expectations because Ms Black wrote with such mastery, my senses were riveted. I could almost feel the emotions, their touch, their sexual tension, and Morgan's internal battle.

The suspense angle spiced things up, and I liked how the mystery played out. At least I felt safe when she stayed at Jack's place, where remote is an understatement.

I liked Morgan a lot, I perfectly understood where she's coming from. Her reluctance to give in to her desires were caused by her mother and her ex-fiance Andrew, both of whom viewed her as depraved and called her deprecating names.

The psychological impact was very difficult to shake and when Jack finally helped her conquered her fears and self doubts, that's when the bombs start to drop.What impeccable timing for her to find out how things lead from point a to point b, it's one big climax in the plot after the earth-shattering climax she had (but not right after).

Ms Black is a genius in wounding up a good love story in a short span of time, and I also liked the destiny-fated-to-be-mine element. Corny as it is but I believe in fate and that one person meant for another person. I felt the love between them grow in three days and I was tied up in knots when all the truth exploded.

Given that, I'll definitely read the rest of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Ties.

07/04/2011