Suspense Magazine's Reviews > Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun by Lois Winston

Jun 30, 2011

liked it

Here’s a tip for all you dewy-eyed brides and bride-wanna-bees: Forget about saying “yes to the dress” by spending thousands of dollars on what you are, after all, only going to wear once. Rent or borrow a dress instead, and spend those bucks on getting the real lowdown on that hunky guy you’ve decided to spend the rest of your life with.
Sound crazy? Yeah, but crazy like a fox.
Too bad Anastasia Pollack, the feisty Jersey girl/heroine of Lois Winston’s funny new mystery, “Assault With A Deadly Glue Gun”, didn’t think about doing that before saying “I do”. Then she wouldn’t have ended up with the mother-in-law from hell—a card-carrying Communist with a devil dog named Manifesto—two sons (well, they seem normal in comparison to the rest of the family), and a husband who turns out to be a gambling addict who cashes in his chips, permanently, in Vegas, leaving Anastasia penniless. Oh, one more thing: not only was the husband a gambler, and dead, but he was also in debt to the mob for big bucks. A debt that now a mobster named Ricardo is threatening to take out of Anastasia. Personally. And permanently.
Ouch. Could Anastasia’s life get much worse? Well, yes, when she finds the dead body of her boss at American Woman magazine hot-glued to her office chair. And is suspected of doing the deed. Double ouch.
But Anastasia is, above all else, a JERSEY girl (can you tell I was one, too?), and never, ever mess with one of them. I can’t wait ‘til the next book in this series, to find out what my new heroine is up to. Lots of fun.
Susan Santangelo author of “Moving Can Be Murder” for Suspense Magazine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun.