Suspense Magazine's Reviews > Sentenced to Death

Sentenced to Death by Lorna Barrett

Jun 30, 11

Tricia Mills, the owner of Haven't Got a Clue mystery bookstore in Stoneham, New Hampshire is excited along with the rest of the small New England town for the big Founder's Day Celebration. But, as Tricia watches on, her good friend Deborah Black is struck by a small plane as it crashes into the gazebo where she is speaking and kills her and the pilot. She and everyone else in town is stunned! The Sheriff's Department is convinced it is an accident. Deborah's husband's behavior is more than unusual and Tricia is sure there is more to this mystery, and what she finds is far worse than she ever could have thought.
My favorite aspect of Lorna Barrett's writing is that she is so descriptive. Her character’s come to life and I could picture the townspeople and Tricia vividly. And even though this is the fifth book in the series—it was my introduction to Barrett's Booktown series—I did not feel lost and the book’s plot was fantastic. I will definitely be reading up on her other cozy mysteries!
Reviewed by Catherine Peterson for Suspense Magazine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sentenced to Death.