Beverly Frisby's Reviews > The Dragons of Chiril

The Dragons of Chiril by Donita K. Paul

Aug 04, 11

Recommended for: everyone
Read from July 10 to August 04, 2011, read count: 1

This is my first of Donita K. Paul’s books to read. As I began reading “The Dragons of Chiril," I immediately became engrossed in the exquisitely beautiful, yet complex tale that is “The Dragons of Chiril.”

The story is far more than simple entertainment and I found myself immersed in a world inhabited by emerlindians, tumanhofers, and dragons. My imagination was awakened as I followed along with the main character Tipper, the sculptor’s daughter, and a cast of eclectic characters, all of whom were lovable and three-dimensional. Tipper’s adventure will strike a responsive chord in the heart of all who read “The Dragons of Chiril,” especially anyone who has faced what seemed to be an impossible challenge.

As the adventure progresses, they share adventures and learn more about the world than they could have ever imagined. The religious undertones were subtle enough that many of the teachings could be applied to any religion or way of life. The characters learned valuable lessons without this book ever feeling preachy. The storyline was enjoyable to read, yet it left just enough open for a sequel.

You may find more about Donita K. Paul by visiting her website, http://www.donitakpaul.com/index.html.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragons of Chiril.