Karen's Reviews > Nobody Don't Love Nobody: Lessons on Love from the School With No Name

Nobody Don't Love Nobody by Stacey Bess

Stacy Bess, a teacher who taught homeless children at a family shelter, a school with no name, shares about her experience and her love for the students. Not only did she teach them, but they taught her as well about love and what it is like being homeless. This book gives insight into the effects homelessness has on children and challenges the reader to get involved and take action to show love to others and make the world a better place. Stacey Bess was put in a unique teaching situation and rose to the challenge.

Here is a quote that I think sums up her whole point of the book from page 96:

"But we can't impose our own goals, wishes, or help on anyone. We can only teach, support, and love. We give them more opportunities, more choices. Then we love them regardless of the choices they make, hoping that they will learn to make better ones in the future."

I think any teacher would find this book inspiring and anyone who has compassion for the homeless would certainly find this interesting. I loved the movie "Beyond the Chalkboard" which is based on this book. At the end of the book, she has an extensive list of different ideas on how people can get more involved by serving others.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody Don't Love Nobody.