Haleema 's Reviews > Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

Jun 30, 11

bookshelves: books-morphed-into-movies, ninja-paced, love-the-quotes, what-the-falafel
Recommended for: readers with a wide imagination
I own a copy

I actually quite enjoyed this book. When I read the premise, I was really hesitant towards reading it. Plus, the cover scared the CRAP out of me.

I mean, wouldn't you be scared if you saw this?!

*shudders*

But I was glad I gave it a try. I have never been to a mental institution before. I shouldn't want to either. But I have a wild curiousty and a small part of me wants to go there. I'm just curious! It's really interesting.

Anyway, I really like the overall feelings I had when I read the book. It was awesome. I like those little diagnosis' every once in a while. They were intriguing. I lOVED the characters. All of them are so different and well-written. Each of them entertained me. They all have FLITHLY mouths though. =P Every time I hear the f word, I feel like I want them to meet the Orbit spokeswoman.

You know? The pretty British lady who says, "Dirty mouth?! Clean it up with Orbit!"

Yeah......

So, I enjoyed the writing as well. I would have thought that Kaysen would include LOTS of unecessary graphic details. Details of the patients cutting themselves, all that stuff. But she wrote well! I loved it.

What did I not like about it? I'm really NOT sure. =P

Oh, well. Toodles!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Interrupted.

Quotes Haleema Liked

Susanna Kaysen
“Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever.”
Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted