Jennifer's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: fiction, great-children-s-books
Read from December 08 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** The storyline captured me, and the characters captivated me. Now that I have completed the series, I feel a sense of sadness - a mixture of mourning for some of the characters who died blended with wistfulness that the books are done.
While the series were very captivating, I felt like some of the writing could have been better edited. The Hunger Games series is expansive and emotionally-charged, and sometimes the writing felt rushed, like it didn't always give the story (or at least some of its plots) enough justice. The storyline jumped ahead in a lot of scenarios (usually when Katniss was recovering from an injury of sorts), and I would have liked to see the story developed more in these parts.
Unlike the majority of people I've spoken to about the book, I was rooting for Peeta from the beginning. The love triangle was frustrating at times (see my review of the second book), but I was satisfied with the ending.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

12/08/2011 "Reading my first novel after months in school! Can't wait!!!" 1 comment
12/11/2011 page 390
100.0% "I was so excited to finally read the last book, and now I'm just so sad that I don't have more to read. Review coming shortly."
show 1 hidden update…