Jennifer's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: fiction, great-children-s-books
Read from September 29 to 30, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Very entertaining! Iam really loving this series so far!

A couple of things that I didn't like about this book - I wish the author had elaborated on some of the scenes. I'm having a hard time coming up with some examples, but parts of the book just seemed too rushed for me.

I am also not really liking how this whole Katniss/Peeta/Gabe love-triangle thing is developing... I'm finding the writing not very clear with these relationships in determining how Katniss really feels about these two guys. I understand that she is only 17 and is confused about her relationships with Peeta and Gabe... But just when you think that she truly loves Gabe, all she wants is Peeta. Especially towards the end of the book when she is kissing Peeta and describing the deep longing she is feeling for him, a feeling she only ever felt once before when she had kissed him in the first Games. I think perhaps Gabe's character just isn't in the story enough for us to be able to grow extremely attached to him (and to his close relationship with Katniss).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

09/30/2011 page 30
11.0% "Have started reading this book against my better judgement... I now have no hope of catching up with my readings for school if this book captures me like "The Hunger Games" did..."
09/30/2011 page 262
100.0% "Done! Read the majority of the book in a day. Guess I've been on fiction withdrawl... Thinking of reading the third and final book on the Beaches of Myrtle next week..."

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Marnie I agree with your comments on the love triangle. Where is this headed? One of those guys is gonna be heartbroken. I think I want Katniss to end up with Gabe, even though we haven't seen a lot of their relationship, but I don't really feel any connection between Katniss and Peeta, or maybe I just think that Peeta could do better?... Gonna have to keep reading to find out. I am extremely tempted to skip to the end of "Mockingjay" to see how it all ends, but I don't want to ruin the surprise.