Victoria's Reviews > Predators, Prey, and Other Kinfolk: Growing Up in Polygamy

Predators, Prey, and Other Kinfolk by Dorothy Allred Solomon

Oct 23, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, family, memoir
Read from October 12 to 13, 2008 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was a very interesting memoir written by a woman who is the 28th of 48 children of one male polygamist in Utah. It was certainly surprising to read about their many hardships in carrying out their lifestyle. Perhaps those more familiar with the reality and fictional television shows on polygamy will not be as shocked, but I am not a fan of those type of shows, so I found a lot of the information conveyed in this memoir to be completely new. In fact, when I initially picked this book up in the dollar section, it had been mismarked as fiction, so it actually gave me some pause when I realized that it was non-fiction. But it turned out to be a fast and enjoyable read. Though Solomon has written other books, a quick browse through their blurbs has revealed that they all cover similar (perhaps even a bit redundant) topics, so I though I enjoyed this book, finding it to be fascinating, I think I have gotten enough of her story from this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Predators, Prey, and Other Kinfolk.