Mitchii's Reviews > Rivals

Jun 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, romance, realistic-fiction, 2012-reads
Read from March 16 to 18, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Here is one of the reasons why I still read this series:

Tyler Green’s version of I’m Too Sexy
“I’m too sexy for my oxford…too sexy for my polo…So sexy, it hurts.

And I’m too sexy for The Fly…too sexy for The Fly, The Phoenix, and The Spee.”

“I’m too sexy for my oxford…too sexy for my polo…So sexy, it hurts. And I’m too sexy for The Fly…too sexy for The Fly, The Phoenix, and The Spee.”

“I’m too sexy for Harvard—”

See? Fun, fun...fun?

Ok, not so much fun, there is still this whole college drama, misunderstanding, some punching, and manipulation in the form of Alexis Thorndike. Gosh, why am I still reading this book again?

It’s hard for me to admit that I enjoyed this book. It’s much harder to admit that I liked this book. But oh hell, the cat is out of the bag anyway. I liked this book…and well, I enjoyed some of it (SOME of it!). And as Gregory said, you don’t have to like it to find it interesting. Which is true in this case. But for most parts, I’m interested with their very stressful lives. I gotta say it is consistent of making me exasperated. After the whole sex tape, blackmailing thing, there’s another one?! Wow, the manipulation and blackmailing power of Alexis is impressive. Callie is on her radar because she dated Clint. And well, we find out here (The Rivals) that Clint’s not worth it. And yes, Callie I totally agree with you, your relationship history sucks.

I’m keeping up with this series because I really like to know how will Gregory and Callie work things out. You can say I’ve been rooting for them since book one. But obviously, luck is not on their sides. Not even the moon, the stars or whoever is responsible for this; because every time there’s a chance for these two to be together it always end up in confusion, or another drama, therefore miniscule to no development. Le sigh. And you know what? It is starting to get on my nerves. And here I thought they finally sort things out. But noooooo, just when I saw a glint of hope, Gregory went AWOL and Alexis is not yet done with Callie. What the? Yup, there’s more apparently.

And just like the second book the ending was infuriating. I was hoping that this is the final book but I doubt it, especially how it ended. Ok, I’m still up for it. I liked this better than the first two. But gosh can we cut to the chase and end it already. Put them (and mine as well) out of my their misery please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivals.