Heather Wildman's Reviews > The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale

The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine  Bell

Jul 01, 11

Read in June, 2011

I got this as a promotional freebie from the company.

While the story itself had potential, the first person POV ruined it for me. I'm very picky about the first person stories I read. Very few authors are able to pull off first person POV without using it as an excuse to tell instead of show. This story reeked of tell. "I decided" and "I missed" and all kinds of emo, wallow in misery feeling permeated the story line. To me, it felt more like a therapy session, with me as the therapist, and I'm just not into that.

The love scene also left a bad taste in my mouth. Even the diary entry of the hero struck me as forced. I understand that in the first person POV, the author probably felt this was the only way to give the reader the info needed to understand the crazy feelings expressed by the heroine later in the story, but as I said, not my cup of tea.

I would have loved this story with more action and less "poor me" feel to it. The premise was good, the delivery simply lacked the punch I was hoping for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale.