Autumn's Reviews > The Orphan Sister

The Orphan Sister by Gwendolen Gross

Jun 30, 11

Read in June, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. The beginning was kind of slow and I was starting to wonder if I was going to make it through the book or not. By time I got to the middle, the story was picking up and I was getting into the characters. When the end came around, I was boohooing and I was really sad that the book was finished.

I have twin daughters and I was really fascinated by triplet aspect of this book. Mine are only 7, so I don't think they really understood the questions I kept pestering them with while I was reading this book. The "Party Trick" sounded fun, and hearing each other talk inside their heads was really beautiful. It added an interesting dynamic to the story. My only little criticism here would be that Odette and Olivia's names were so similar that I had trouble keeping them separate in my head.

Overall, a good solid contemporary fiction, chick-lit, type story. I'd definitely recommend it. It had reading group questions in the back, so it would be a good choice for your next pick for your book club.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Orphan Sister.