Mardel's Reviews > Red Hot Liberty

Red Hot Liberty by Devin O'Branagan

Jun 30, 2011

Read on July 01, 2011 — I own a copy

Red Hot Liberty is the sequel to Red Hot Property. It features the return of Molly and co., with the addition of a few more quirky characters. Some VERY quirky characters. One of them a hot British man named Robin. Molly is dealing with a "tween" who is becoming a bit obnoxious in that wonderful way that girl tweens have (moms of girls will know what I mean) she (Molly, not the tween) is being sued by a former client, investigated by the feds, the dog is having romance issues and is depressed, things aren't quite right between Molly and her man, and her life seems to be falling apart. And on top of all that, there is trouble with her ex-husband and some dangerous people who are not happy with him.

As with the previous novel, Devin O'Branagan has written a novel with interesting plot and sub-plots that also contains a series of vignettes of the zaniest real estate agent experiences that you can imagine. In fact, some of the scenes are I Love Lucy 21 century style worthy. Oh yeah. Imagine Lucy and Ethel with a dog that believes she's human (the humans even treat her like a human) trying to run a real estate business. The dog, Talisman, is quite a character. I cracked up at some of the Talisman episodes. Reminds me of watching a show about how some of the super rich deal with their pooches.....OMG Talisman has better care taken of her than many children do.

Red Hot Liberty is a fun, zany read. An interesting story of a single mom making a success out of her life and learning how to trust herself and others. O'Branagan has written a zany story with a few serious subject matters woven in. Broken hearts, mending hearts, new love, money trouble, daughter trouble, safety issues, danger, etc. There are some sober threads made easy to handle with the loony happenings. If we're lucky, our lives could be like that -lots of laughs to counteract the serious scenes of life.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Hot Liberty.

05/12/2016 marked as: read