Alexander Draganov's Reviews > The Fight to Survive

The Fight to Survive by Terry Bisson

Jul 01, 11

Read from June 30 to July 01, 2011

"The Fight to Survive" is a strong beginning to YA series, dedicated to one of the most popular SW characters ever, Boba Fett. This book shows us how he began his path. We see the events in Episode II, told from Boba's point of view and sympathize with him when he loses his father - a villain in the movie, a hard, but honest man in this book. We see how Boba, a 10 years old kid, tries to survive in a very hostile galaxy and sees life as it is from very early age - full with loss and betrayal.
The book is well-written, especially for a YA tale and Boba, as a character, is no less interesting than Anakin or Obi-Wan, when Jude Watson wrote about them in her wonderful "Jedi Quest" series. The only problem is that the book has no real ending - it reads simply as an episode from a much larger story, while the little novels by Watson, for example, always had their own ending. Still, I am looking forward for the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fight to Survive.

06/30/2011 page 40
25.0% "Very well-written YA tale."