Rebecca eley's Reviews > Apartment 16

Apartment 16 by Adam Nevill

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: other
Recommended to Rebecca by: No one
Recommended for: People who want to be scared but not too much
Read from July 16 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I first started reading novels by Stephen King, James Herbert, Shaun Hudson and Dean Koontz. Every now and again I like to take a trip back down memory lane and go for a book that spooks. I found this whilst searching Amazon. It was a little suspenseful but I have to say I was a bit disappointed.

This is the story of Apryl who inherits an apartment from her great Aunt and comes to England to clear out and sell up. On arriving at Barrington House all is not as it seems. The book actually goes straight into action, there is no dramatic build up you know something it afoot from the start. The only thing I can think to liken it o is the new Nightmare on Elm Street. The films used to scare when I was young, but it was all about the suspense. Then I saw the new one and there was no suspense, just oh look there’s Freddy clearly something will go wrong now. No creeping up in the dark just here I am.

That said the story was good, I did enjoy reading it. Anyone who found Little Stranger creepy will find this creepy too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apartment 16.