Steven Rhodes's Reviews > Lady Chatterley's Lover

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Jul 24, 12

Read from January 11 to July 24, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Chatterley's Lover.

Quotes Steven Liked

D.H. Lawrence
“Perhaps only people who are capable of real togetherness have that look of being alone in the universe. The others have a certain stickiness, they stick to the mass.”

D.H. Lawrence
“But that is how men are! Ungrateful and never satisfied. When you don't have them they hate you because you won't; and when you do have them they hate you again, for some other reason. Or for no reason at all, except that they are discontented children, and can't be satisfied whatever they get, let a woman do what she may.”
tags: men

D.H. Lawrence
“Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habitats, to have new little hopes. It is rather hard work: there is now no smooth road into the future: but we go round, or scramble over the obstacles. We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen.”

D.H. Lawrence
“It's no good trying to get rid of your own aloneness. You've got to stick to it all your life. Only at times, at times, the gap will be filled in. At times! But you have to wait for the times. Accept your own aloneness and stick to it, all your life. And then accept the times when the gap is filled in, when they come. But they've got to come. You can't force them.”

D.H. Lawrence
“There's lots of good fish in the sea...maybe...but the vast masses seem to be mackerel or herring, and if you're not mackerel or herring yourself, you are likely to find very few good fish in the sea.”

D.H. Lawrence
“Never was an age more sentimental, more devoid of real feeling, more exaggerated in false feeling, than our own.”

01/11/2012 page 52