Kathryn's Reviews > Gabriel's Ghost

Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction, romance, aliens, religion-myth, prison, monsters
Read in July, 2011

I think I liked this more than Sinclair's Finders Keepers. There was a bit more depth, though still nothing extraordinary. The characters were well developed. I was beginning to think the characters would continue to develop throughout the book but I fear it ended up being more of a case of *in my game show voice* let's reveal the next thing someone can do! And always in the midst of an action sequence. Forbid that the characters would discover anything while sitting down and talking.

But this is a adventure romance, so some of the action-oriented reveals were to be expected, and I do not mean to come across as not having enjoyed the book. I had a lot of fun reading it and I truly liked the characters, especially Ren. There is a resolution of sorts at the end, no true cliffhanger, but I desperately wanted to see what would happen next so I immediately began reading what I thought was book 2, only to finish a chapter of An Accidental Goddess before I was so frustrated, I looked up the series, something I should have done first, and realized my mistake. I am very happy to learn that this book continues in Shades of Dark with the same characters, which I will probably begin tonight.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Ghost.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

new_user ...but I fear it ended up being more of a case of *in my game show voice* let's reveal the next thing someone can do! And always in the midst of an action sequence.

Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. I <3 Ren though. Shades of Dark drags, but it has some dark and delicious moments. I'm eager to see what you think. Have you read it already?

Kathryn I haven't read it yet. I meant to start it right away but as usual I became sidetracked. But it is one I will probably begin soon, especially for the dark and delicious moments! :)