Erin's Reviews > Opposites Attract

Opposites Attract by Jasmine Denton

Jul 01, 11

Read from June 29 to 30, 2011

The Denton sisters have their hands full in this bold story of six troubled teenagers in a support group - especially considering that this is a short ebook... But it seems that this is a first book in a series, maybe? And, with future installments, a possible love triangle would not surprise me. At least, those were my thoughts and/or predictions at the end of the Opposites Attract.

Speaking of attraction, how did Opposites Attract capture my eye? I saw an advertisement for a sale, read the description, and thought, "Hmmm... this should be interesting." So, in my literary basket it went... :o)
(if you're interested in picking this read up at the sale price, the sale ends 7/28/2011. Just go to: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...; The sale price is 0.99 - just enter coupon code AH68H during the checkout process)

I digress... ;o) Back to my thoughts on Opposites Attract...

So, yes, when reading the book description, I saw that it was a tale that revolved around Kelly and Gage. I was surprised when reading the story, however, that it isn't just Kelly and Gage's story, it's really about all of the teens in the support group and their counselor. The point of view changed often and the sense of time was difficult to keep up with at times - I never really knew when things were happening for which character, so there were definitely times I felt discombobulated. Also, given that there were 6 troubled teens and one counselor, it was hard to remember who was who and had which person owned which issue (though the issues were not fully disclosed for all characters, I feel there is more to be revealed in all of them - we're just starting to scratch the surface).

Of the characters, Kelly, Gage, Ryder, and Meagan stood out the most to me. That could be due to their stories being the most dominant or it could be simply because I liked them more... I think it's 6 one, half dozen the other.

If this is a beginning of a series, my hope is that future installments will be a little more organized - meaning, maybe tackle one pair of "back-up buddies" and their issues, their trials, and their outcome separately versus trying to address the troubled teens and their troubled counselor all together.

Overall, did I like the book? It was a short book (approx 100'ish pages), but it was good. I hope each of the characters finds the peace, freedom, strength, forgiveness, and safety they are all searching for.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opposites Attract.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Denton Thank you for the review, Erin. We'll be sure to pay more attention to the flow with the next installment. :)

Erin So..... Am I on the right track with thinking there will be a love triangle in the future for Kelly, Gage, and you know who (I don't want to spoil it for anyone)??? ;o)

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Denton Erin wrote: "So..... Am I on the right track with thinking there will be a love triangle in the future for Kelly, Gage, and you know who (I don't want to spoil it for anyone)??? ;o)"
Haha, thanks for not using spoilers. And you're on the right track. ;)

Erin Jasmine wrote: "Haha, thanks for not using spoilers. And you're on the right track. ;) "
Oooo... I will look forward to the next installment! Do you have any ideas on a release date or a book title?? =)

message 5: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Denton Erin wrote: "Do you have any ideas on a release date or a book tit..."
We're not sure about the release date yet, but it's called Coming Clean and it centers around back-up buddies Kay and Alex. We're going to turn it in to the publisher in a day or two, hopefully, so I should have more info then.

Erin How exciting! Good luck!!!! :o)