Natalie (Natflix&Books)'s Reviews > Dead Rules

Dead Rules by Randy Russell

Jun 29, 11

Read in June, 2011

I found the Dead Rules very interesting. It is about this girl, Jana, who dies while bowling with the LOVE of her life--and boyfriend (as we all know, they aren't always the same thing). The book starts with her dead on the bus to Dead School. The book is about Jana meeting her classmates at the new school, discovering her new place in the different caste levels of the school, the developing relationship with a boy in the lower class, and trying to figure out how to kill her teenage boyfriend so that they can be together. There are more than a few references to Romeo and Juliet. There are small snipets from Earth also, regarding her boyfriend and the other friends who were at the bowling alley the night she died. There are passages in which her classmates tell their death stories. It was simple and quick to read, with those large margins and 14 pt print that so many books aimed at teenagers tend to have, but it had deeper levels.

While it is easy for the reader to surmise what happens in the world after the final word, I'm honestly hoping for a sequal on this one, I don't know if one is planned, becuase I certainly feel like Jana has much more to say in her life after life.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Rules.