Mickey Reed's Reviews > The Childe

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, author-review
Recommended for: Young YA readers, Supernatural fans
Read from July 02 to 03, 2011, read count: 1

Thanks SO much to Carol and Adam Kunz for sending me a signed print copy of this book and a bunch of awesome swag (look for the giveaway soon!). Now here is my honest review:

This book is definitely for a younger set. Cat is fifteen and just starting freshman year at a new high school. She already has a bunch of friends, but her parents are pretty protective (and for good reason). Cat is special, but she doesn't know it yet. This book is about the manifestation of her abilities as a Childe. She meets lots of new people who will be a part of this new life as well.

As for the writing.. again, this is intended for the younger YA readers. Like I said, I received a final print copy. I was disappointed in the amount of editing errors this book has. Some sentences didn't start with capital letters, and even though I normally whine about too many commas, this one was missing quite a few. Those are technical problems, I know.. but when young readers see those, they emulate it, no? I don't know.. just saying.

The story was fun and different, and the writing style is simple to follow. I wonder how the combined efforts of mother and son blended on this one. What was whose idea, and so forth.

Check back on my blog for a giveaway and guest post of some kind with the authors!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Childe.

07/02/2011 page 81
07/02/2011 page 103
26.0% "Good start today."