Shannon (aka The Tale Temptress)'s Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Wow. I gotta tell you... this is one of those books that just grabs you from the first page and never lets you go. I had such a wonderful, enjoyable time reading this book. When it was over, I was so sad that it was over. The story was great, the characters were great, the writing was wonderful. It just had it all. And yes! It had mythology... but one of the most unique twists to traditional mythology that I've ever seen. I was so intrigued and sucked in by this concept. What a breath of fresh air this book was... so very different from everything else I've seen.

Nikki was a great character. I cared so much about her and what she's been through. You couldn't help but love her and you also couldn't help but understand what drove her to make the choice that she did. And wow, what a choice it was. I wasn't sure what to make at the beginning of the story. The author starts in the middle, which at first, I thought was going to be a mistake. You have a girl waking up in this place called the everneath after 100 years with no idea how or why she got there, and knowing nothing about her except that for 100 years she has forgotten everything about herself and her life, except the face of one boy. The more you read this book, there was absolutely no question why Jack's face would be the one thing she remembered. Jack...wow. I'll stop there because if I start gushing I'll end up giving things away.

This book was absolutely perfect. The pacing was great, it read so fast. The writing was just beautiful, the characters, everything was exactly how I like it to be. I can't wait for the sequel.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.