P.M.'s Reviews > Voices of Dragons

Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn

Jun 29, 11

Read in June, 2011

Kay lives in Silver River, Montana where her father is the county sheriff and her mother works for the FBBE (Federal Bureau of Border Enforcement). Mom's job is to prosecute anyone who crosses over into Dragon, the land to the north that is the sanctuary of dragons. Sixty years ago a terrible war was fought until both humans and dragons agreed to a peace. One day, Kay is looking for some meaning to life when she inadvertently falls into a river on the border where she is fished out by a teenage male dragon named Artegal. Together, they begin to explore communication between the two species. In a fit of teenage rebellion, they decide to try to fly together. Once the air force gets wind of this, an opportunity for the government to exterminate the dragons falls into the lap of General Branigan. Now it's up to Kay and Artegal to find a way to avert the war and heal the breach. I really liked Artegal as a character. He had a wonderful sense of humor and adventure. I could have done without Kay's dithering about whether or not to make a commitment to Jon as a boyfriend. I also hope that the author is hard at work writing a sequel as the ending left us hanging suspended ... literally.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voices of Dragons.