Sareh's Reviews > Worldshaker

Worldshaker by Richard Harland

Jul 04, 11

Read from June 29 to July 04, 2011

I thought that this was pretty good. I've read better but it was still good. There were some parts where I was waiting for the action to get on, but those parts were also interesting to read.

I was also hoping to see more of the Below. We only saw a little of it and it disappointed me. While he did a good job describing things, I would have like to see more descriptions of the other rooms and people in the Upper Decks. I couldn't really remember how a lot of the people were described eailer in the book or if they had been described at all.

Mr. Gibblet was clearly the comical relief character and I think he fulfilled his job nicely. I liked how Prince Albert repeated almost everything he said. That amused me. I liked Riff, she was cool and tough. Although I thought Mr. Harland was trying a little to hard to make her seem though. Sure, there were some quieter scenes with her, but I would have liked to see more. Maybe some background story of Riff. I think Col's mother was suppose to be another comic relief because fainting and being very fragile seemed to be what she did best in any situation.

I did like the background story that was clearly put into this. The clearly screwed up part about Noah's Ark and then the research that Col's old teacher and his friend finally did were cool. I thought that that part was neat. An explanation of how the juggarnauts and the Filthies came into being.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worldshaker.

07/01/2011 page 39