Safae's Reviews > I Heart You, You Haunt Me

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Jun 30, 11

bookshelves: 100, english
Read on June 29, 2011

I started this book a couple of hours ago, and while i was reading it i looked up (on my pdf copy) and i was surprised to see the number of pages i've reached.. is it that easy to read? well it was for me ^^
i enjoyed every bit of it, the grief , the sadness , the guilt,love... all that emotions mixed together , made a beautiful book ,worth reading , i mean it really wouldn't take much of anyone's time. it is a small glimpse of a little girls life who had lost her boyfriend the one she believed was her true love, well i remember that phase of my life specially 15 you do believe you're totally in love , but lately i found out that love is different, more complicated maybe , but definitely more magical and real. so i really understand her and her feelings , it is a terrible thing to lose someone you've loved so dearly, you keep holding on to anything , not wanting to let go. And the writer is right about the decision to forget , first you have to really want to forget and then you only have to decide to do so.
Well death is tragic , it is the most terrifying way to say good-bye to someone , but it has to happen someday sooner or later and we have to accept it and about the haunting part i don't believe she was really haunted it is her subconscious mind trying to send messages to her or whatever :p. she used to love books , and books do give you a wild imagination so maybe she just imagined the whole thing , but i'm glad she moved on .
I was emotionally touched by this book i dropped a couple of tears while reading it , i kind of imagined myself in that position which makes the book amazingly believable.
Three stars and a half because i no longer enjoy so much YA books ^^ .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me.