Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

There are certain books that as you read them they manage to draw you in completely into their story, and they are so emotional, that at the end, you are pretty much just left with "Wow, what just happened?".

Blue-Eyed Devil was like that for me. We started out at Liberty and Gage's wedding, in full Travis fashion and all out affair. But we met an unexpectedly shy and insecure Travis, Haven. The baby sister. She's never quite felt at the same level as her brothers, they've always picked on her, she's never fit it.

We met Hardy in book one. I wasn't too sure how to feel about him, because of what he did to Liberty and Gage, but he has redeemed himself times a million. LK has a thing for doing that, huh? The bad guy that you almost want to hate but you can't help but fall in love with. Well, meet Hardy Kates! You'll fall in love with him, you'll drool over him, pant and melt! He's considerate, thoughtful and loving, but also ruthless, determined, confident and ambitiuous. But he knows what he wants, and he is determined now to get her!

Without giving too much away, she goes through a lot. When I say a lot, I mean, I was devastated reading about what she goes through. I cried, I had a knot in my throat at times, and I just couldn't help but just be amazed at her thought process as certain things were happening to her. I'll warn you, this was tough, and raw, and heartbreaking! But the level of awesomeness that is Lisa Kleypas in writing something like this and make me want to keep reading through all of it is just at another level. Truly amazing.

So heart ache and happiness, love and betrayal. This book was a complete emotional rollercoaster and I loved every minute of it!!!! THIS IS A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Eyed Devil.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections Great contemporary romance! I loved it!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah I thought it was amazing too!