Jackie's Reviews > Delicate Freakn' Flower

Delicate Freakn' Flower by Eve Langlais

2195441
Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: e-book-read, read-in-2011, won-in-giveaway
Recommended for: Fans of Paranormal Romance who love shifter stories with HEAT!
Read on July 30, 2011, read count: 1

Okay short and sweet to start, this was funny/outrageously sensual/quite honestly a very fun reading experience!

When Delicate Freakn' Flower first came to my attention first thought was that I had to get a copy to read for myself! However being that not only have I bought too many real books as well as digital ones in the past few months kept putting off getting it. Then came the blog blitz giveaways hosted by The Bookish Snob Promotions and the giveaway by Tishia at Paranormal Opinion Blog on the 16th came to my attention and so I took a chance and luckily won a copy of my own! (many thanks to Tishia and Eve!)

This was a book that was greatly anticipated and it did not disappoint in the least when I sat down and devoured it on Saturday after the author sent me my copy on July 27th.

Naomi is a wolf shifter whose family consists of hulking brothers and a father who engaged in daily slugfests since she was a little girl, needless to say nothing fragile survived their constant shenanigans. Growing up in the chaos was something that she hated and when grown and living on her own she vowed never to get involved and mate with a shifter herself. Fate has other plans and in an ironic twist Naomi finds herself at of all things a Lacrosse match with her friend Francine and much to her consternation she also finds not one but two shifter mates playing for the home team!

Ethan is a Kodiak bear shifter, a man of few words but strong passions and just about as far from sedate and bland as he can possibly get. Javier is a hot cat shifter. all smooth lines and sexy moves guaranteed to make any woman want a taste. Together they make an awesome sight and soon Naomi finds herself unable to think about anything but the two.

This was the best look at a relationship of three characters that walked a tightrope between what their nature demanded and what was dictated by the demands of one determined young woman. Not only did Naomi get more than she bargained for so did Ethan and Javier, but in the best manner possible!

If you are looking for an erotic paranormal romance that steps outside the box you need look no further, not only did author Eve Langlais imbue this book with heated scenes between Naomi and the guys but also took the time to present us with an in depth look into Naomi's family as well. May I just say that if I had 5 brothers and a father as rowdy as hers my sanity would have fled before I ever grew up! The fact that Naomi was determined to not have her own life lived in turmoil was funny because she herself had a tendency to "act first and think later". This was a wonderful romance, a great look at how much family means and how they all pull together in a crisis and also a story that kept the reader turning the pages and following along to see just how long Naomi would outlast two determined males in their quest for her commitment to them for the long haul.

For anyone looking for a full length erotic paranormal romance I can highly recommend you read a copy of Delicate Freakn' Flower for yourself, and I dare you to pick between Ethan and Javier as that will be the hardest decision you ever had to make!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delicate Freakn' Flower.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laurie Garrison I hear that one.. Eve is really good.

Jackie Laurie wrote: "I hear that one.. Eve is really good."

I luckily won a copy during the blog blitz giveaway and read it in one sitting, fun and hot!