Anne's Reviews > Brightest Day, Vol. 2

1720620
Dec 09, 15

bookshelves: comics, graphic-novels, read-in-2011, green-lantern
Read on August 11, 2011

I'm really impressed with this! I was afraid that Blackest Night (and all of it's tie-ins) had pretty much bled all of the good stories out of the Green Lanterns. Quite honestly, by the end of it, I was getting a little restless.
So, it makes me extremely happy to say that (in my opinion) Brightest Day is the perfect name for this arc.

The story centers on Deadman...who is not so dead anymore. It's his job to find the new protector of the White Lantern, but can he get past his selfishness and do the job right?
All of the resurrected heroes (and villians) are slated to play a part in this, but with the confusing visions being sent by the mysterious White Lantern, no one is quite sure what anything means.

Almost every character that is featured in this volume had some cool side story going that kept me on the edge of my seat (through this volume and volume 1)! I'm not sure if these are actual spoilers, but I'm going to play it safe for those of you who care.
(view spoiler)
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brightest Day, Vol. 2.

02/08 marked as: read