Annika Astradsson's Reviews > The Kalahari Typing School for Men

The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith

F_50x66
Jun 29, 11

This is not the best book in the series, but it was still a good read. It felt a lot shorter than the others and The Case wasn't as riveting. It didn't even have a very sunny ending. And I like these books to be long, interesting and sunny. If I wanted to read books about the problems different African countries face today I would not have chosen these books. What I like most about them, and probably what someone from Botswana would like the least, is how simple the characters and choices are. If everyone just sat down to think, as the main character does, and honor the old traditions of 40 years ago, everything would be fine. It is difficult not to be lulled to calm by Mma Ramotswe and that was all I was looking for when I picked up the book. The promise of a peaceful solution. And all in all, I was mostly disappointed at how quickly I read it. If this is not the in-depth review you expected, it's simply because I don't find any depth to the book. It's a lovely read, but it's only a shallow dip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kalahari Typing School for Men.