D.L. Morrese's Reviews > One of Our Thursdays Is Missing

One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde

Jun 29, 2011

liked it
Read in June, 2011

In this, the sixth Thursday Next book, the Written Thursday finds she may be more like the Real Thursday than she expected. If you have not read the previous Thursday Next books, I will caution you that they can be a bit confusing at first. The BookWorld is a very odd place. Imagine every scene and every character from every book ever written, every description from both fiction and nonfiction, existing in their own reality, constructed, not of matter and energy, but of words, letters, and graphemes. Different countries represent different literary genres and it seems as if a war is brewing between some of them. No spoilers, but the Written Thursday soon suspects the Real Thursday is missing and needs to fill in for her. She is assisted by a new character to the series, Sprockett, a clockwork automaton.

The prose is a bit rough and sometimes the physics of BookWorld, such as it is, makes very little sense, but this is still an entertaining and fairly light read, especially for bibliophiles and writers who will smile at the allusions to literary characters and the mechanics of narrative.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One of Our Thursdays Is Missing.