Natalie (Natflix&Books)'s Reviews > Ten Things We Did

Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mlynowski

Jun 28, 2011

liked it
Read in June, 2011

Let me start by saying that I love Sarah Mlynowski. I loved all her red dress ink books and have enjoyed her YA. I liked Ten Things We Did. While the voice of this book is realistic, the premise is not. There is no way that a father who has laid down a seemingly permenate 10pm curfew would ever move to another state without physically speaking to the woman who his teenage daughter is moving in with. That said, it's apparent that we are supposed to just over look the fundamentals of how two teenage girls living alone was engendered and just enjoy the ride. Ten Things is light, but it isn't too light. April is dealing with some pretty serious trust issues with both her boyfriend and her parents, grappling with when she should lose her virginity, and dealing with her attraction to somebody new.

While I did enjoy this book and it was a quick, easy read, I honestly don't know if I would have gotten as far as I did if I didn't love Sarah Mlynowski's previous books so much. I go through these spells where I'll just have, like, 50 books checked out from the library and will want to be reading all of them, so I'll start a book, get 35%-50% into it, then I'll put it down and start a new one. Sometimes I'll go back to it and sometimes I won't. While I was reading other books in conjunction with this one, I never put it down completely, and I'm glad I didn't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Things We Did.