Alexis-Morgan Roark's Reviews > The Winter Man

The Winter Man by Diana Palmer

Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: library, audiobook, virgin-hero, two-stories-one-book, singer, mental-health-issues, suicide, native-american-hero
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Read from June 28 to 29, 2011

Silent Night Man - (3 stars-I enjoyed it NOT loved it, you know? I've learned to rate by decade!) okay...there were some glaringly obvious mistakes or omissions in this otherwise sweet little book. Because it was a short story, the hero had to quickly get over his jerk-ness and to the loving of the heroine...okay, so he messed up AGAIN after his initial REALLY BAD reaction to her, but given the usually as*hole-ishness of a DP hero, I think I got off pretty easy with this guy.

On a serious note, I appreciated the author's addressing the issue of mental health. So many peeps are walking around in need of help and those of us who befriend them sometimes shrug off their behavior or simply do not or choose not to know. Also, there is the ever depressing state of the foster care system. For every good there is a bad (probably more like a 4:1 ratio).

Must end on a happy note...there is a HEA although, I don't know, he was a little heavy handed before he got down to the grovelling IMHO.

Sutton's Way - (2 stars-It was just okay.) It started off good went to silly then just went waaay into the realm of the ridiculous. To me. Others have enjoyed far more than I. Even considering the time, I just wasn't buying it, didn't care if they ended up together, and prayed vehemently that there was no Epilogue.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winter Man.